Best home warranty plan in Florida?
Choosing the best home warranty plan in Florida that fit your needs isn’t easy. There are dozens of home warranty providers to choose from, and each promises the best protection for your money. Moreover, the variety of plans offered by Florida home warranty companies can be very confusing. A comparison of Florida home warranty plans by coverage and price should definitely be your first step in this process. So, how do you choose exactly the plan that provides value for your money? No wonder that when we start the process of selecting the best home warranty plan, many questions arise.
You need to ask yourself:
- Are you getting what you pay for with the cheapest home warranty plan in Florida?
- Will you get what you need with the cheap plan?
- If there are several home warranty companies offering affordable home warranty coverage at the same price, will the coverage be the same?
But the main thing is if you just look at the price and buy the cheapest plan in Florida, will it give you the best value for your money?
The cheapest home warranty plan in Florida can start as low as $200 per year, offering you an option for protecting your home’s major appliances and systems. According to a 2018 study, among twenty-four home warranty companies in Florida, Fidelity National Home Warranty and two other home warranty companies offer the cheapest prices for their services, less than $200 per year. Five companies, like High Tech Home Warranties, AHS Warranty, and Old Republic Home Protection, price their cheapest warranty plans from $200 to $250. Another fifteen Florida home warranty companies, including First American Home Buyers Protection and Total Home Protection, have a price range between $250 and $500. However, there are more expensive companies like ABC Home Services, whose cheapest plan costs $625. Further, we will consider what this difference depends on.
Different Coverage – Different Price
The differences in costs of the cheapest home warranty plans is explained by the coverage offered by each plan. For example, if we compare home warranty plans offered by two Florida home warranty companies – American Home Shield and Choice Home Warranty, the cost of plans provided by American Home Shield is $35-60 per month, while Choice Home Warranty’s coverage in Florida costs $40-45 per month. However, American Home Shield offers more extensive coverage, which also includes protection of your water dispenser, door locks, free-standing ice maker, food center, doorbell, alarm, and vacuum. In addition, almost every company has a list of items that may be added to any of the home protection plans. These items may include a pool and spa, whirlpool, stand-alone freezer, central vacuum, septic, well pump, and many other items.
Home warranty plans fall into a few categories:
- Appliance-based plans: these typically cover appliances including your oven, built-in microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, washer, dryer, etc. They are usually the cheapest ones; for example, TotalProtect Home Warranty’s appliance plan costs $31.95 per month. This affordable option is right for you if you live in a new house and don’t have to worry about your brand new home systems, but you still want to cover your home appliances.
- Systems-based plans: these plans focus on heating, air-conditioning, electrical systems, plumbing, and water heaters. If you are one of those lucky homeowners who have just recently upgraded their home appliances and have them covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, this is the best home warranty plan for your needs. For your convenience, Pride Home Warranty separates home systems and appliances into two different home protection plans. In Major System Plan, they offer coverage for air conditioning, electrical systems, heating, plumbing and water heater for $299 per year.
- Combo plans: as their name suggests, combo plans combine appliance and systems coverage, but they are usually pricier because they are more comprehensive. Looking at the best home warranty in Florida, Pride Home Warranty, their Platinum Combo Plan costs $449 per year compared with $229 for the plan which provides coverage only for home systems.
What is Your Choice?
As you can see, the cheapest plan is not always the best. Nevertheless, even the cheapest home warranty plans should offer you comprehensive coverage, clear and transparent terms, and no hidden fees or requirements. When choosing the best home warranty in Florida for you, it is necessary to take into account individual needs and calculate what is more profitable – an affordable plan plus optional coverage or a more expensive plan that covers all the necessary appliances and systems.
Finding the best home warranty plan in Florida can be quite difficult. However, equipped with the above information, you can be sure that you get the best option for your systems and appliances. The important thing is to make sure that the home warranty plan meets your needs best.